- Participate in work health and safety
- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- Ensure the health and safety of children
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
- Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- Support children to connect with their world
- Provide care for babies and toddlers
- Provide care for children
- Work effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- Develop cultural competence
- Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
- Provide experiences to support children's play and learning
- Use information about children to inform practice
- Support behaviour of children and young people
- Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
The competencies will be assessed both off and on the job, and the training modules are relevant to what is reflected in today's workforce. All units of competency have a theory based component, which students will work through. This will be combined with "on the job" practical component.
Whilst Child Care Services Training qualifications are open access, to ensure the success of an individual, CCCT's facilitators recommend that students have completed a minimum of year 10 and that their literacy and numeracy skills be at basic adult learning level. If a student does not meet the minimum requirements, our facilitators will recommend an introductory pre-vocational course to assist with literacy and numeracy skills.
For placement within services, students will need to provide evidence of a clear Police Check displaying their legal capacity to work with children.
Upon enrolment each student will receive a Student Handbook, however if you wish to receive the handbook prior to enrolment please let us know.
The handbook will cover the following:
- About Child Care Services Training
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of School Age Education and Care
- Course Delivery
- Workplace Learning
- Guidelines for Students
- Illness and Dress Code
- Students' Code of Behaviour
- Cheating or Plagiarism Statement
- Code of Practice - Customer Service
- Client Selection and Enrolment
- Access, Equity and Diversity Policy
- Equal Opportunity and Anti-Discrimination Statement
- Harassment, Victimisation and Bullying Statement
- Learning & Assesment Policy & Procedure
- Learning & Assessment Validation Policy & Procedure
- Participant Support Services Policy
- Fees and refund policy & procedure
- Occupational Health, Safety welfare policy & procedure
- Appeals policy & procedure
- Recognition of Prior Learning Information
- Issuance of Qualifications/Statements of Attainment
- Code of Practice
- An enrolment fee of $100.00 is payable when the student enrolls. This course fee is non-refundable. This is to cover Administration Fees.
- A full refund (less the Administration Fee of $100.00) will apply if a student withdraws before the course commences.
- A refund of 50% (less the Administration Fee of $100.00) will apply if a student withdraws for personal reasons in the first three weeks of the course commencing or from the date of the first unit of competency is received. These reasons include sickness (verified by a medical certificate) or a change to their employment conditions (verified by employer).
- No refund will be given after three weeks of the course commencing or from the date of the first unit of competency is received. The date of withdrawal will be taken from the date that Child Care Services Training receives the Refund Application & any relevant supporting documentation.
- Please ring CCST for fees relating to individual qualifications
Support Services Delivery Policy
Child Care Services Training is committed to helping all students achieve their best possible outcomes. To underpin this Policy, Child Care Services Training will help students through a range of services that include:
Additional learning support (literacy/numeracy), Study skills and assignment preparation, Counselling (referral to appropriate agencies), Employment guidance/mentoring, Help with accessing high quality child care or Outside School Hours Care, Library services, Tea/coffee facilities.
If there is anything else you require or are seeking assistance with, please talk with Lisa or Melanie.
Health and Safety
Child Care Services Training is committed to meeting all requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety act in relation to our facilitators and students. All facilitators are responsible for providing a safe learning environment. Students also have a legal obligation to take care and protect their own wellbeing. If you have any concerns about your learning environment or your own safety; please contact your facilitator.
Lisa Tregenza: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 0423 288 311
Melanie Cardillo: email@example.com Mobile: 0421 160 299
Child Care Services Training
267 Salisbury Highway
Salisbury Downs SA 5108
Telephone: 08 8258 4170