Diploma of Community Services
What is the Diploma of Community Services (Children's Services)?
The Diploma of Community Services (Children's Services) is a nationally recognized qualification based on competency standards from the Community Services Training Package. The competency standards have been developed under the National Training Framework and form the basis of the qualification..
The Diploma is made up of 18 Units of Competencies -
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children.
- Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour.
- Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate care for children.
- Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers.
- Plan and implement inclusion of children with additional needs.
- Implement and promote inclusive policies and practices in children’s services.
- Manage children’s services workplace practice to address regulations and quality assurance.
- Observe children and interpret observations.
- Gather, interpret and use information about children.
- Use music to enhance children’s experience and development.
- Foster social development in early childhood.
- Support emotional and psychological development in early Childhood.
- Foster children’s aesthetic and creative development.
- Foster physical development in early childhood.
- Foster cognitive development in early childhood.
- Foster children’s language and communication development.
- Organise experiences to facilitate and enhance children’s development.
- Design, implement and evaluate programs and care routines for children.
The competencies will be assessed both off and on the job, and the training modules are relevant to what is reflected in today's work force. All units of competency have a theory based component, which students will work through. This will be combined with "on the job" practical component.
On completion of the required modules, you will be a Qualified Child Care Professional! You will now be able to gain work in child care centres and Out of School Hours Care centres as a qualified team member.