CHC50113- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.
The Diploma is made up of 28 Units:
- Work within a legal and ethical framework
- Develop cultural competence
- Ensure the health and safety of children
- Provide care for children
- Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- Provide care for toddlers and babies
- Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- Work effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- Maintain work health and safety
- Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
- Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
- Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- Facilitate compliance in an education and care services
- Embed sustainable practices in service operations
- Nurture creativity in children
- Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
- Analyse information to inform learning
- Promote Children's Agency
- Design and Implement the curriculum to foster children's learning and development
- Develop teams and individuals
- Coordinate the work environment
- Develop and implement policy
- Provide mentoring to support colleagues
The competencies will be assessed both off and on the job, and the training modules are relevant to what is reflected in today's workforce. All units of competency have a theory based component, which students will work through. This will be combined with "on the job" practical component.
Whilst Child Care Services Training qualifications are open access, to ensure the success of an individual, CCCT's facilitators recommend that students have completed a minimum of year 10 and that their literacy and numeracy skills be at basic adult learning level.
Child Care Services Training uses a Language Literacy and Numeracy Tool, designed to identify individual students support requirements.
If a student does not meet the minimum requirements, our facilitators will recommend an introductory pre-vocational course to assist with literacy and numeracy skills.
For placement within services, students will need to provide evidence of a clear Police Check displaying their legal capacity to work with children.
Upon enrolment each student will receive a Student Handbook, however if you wish to receive the handbook prior to enrolment please let us know.
The handbook will cover the following:
Student Course Fees
- About Child Care Services Training
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of School Age Education and Care
- Course Delivery
- Workplace Learning
- Guidelines for Students
- Illness and Dress Code
- Students' Code of Behaviour
- Cheating or Plagiarism Statement
- Code of Practice - Customer Service
- Client Selection and Enrolment
- Access, Equity and Diversity Policy
- Equal Opportunity and Anti-Discrimination Statement
- Harassment, Victimisation and Bullying Statement
- Learning & Assesment Policy & Procedure
- Learning & Assessment Validation Policy & Procedure
- Participant Support Services Policy
- Fees and refund policy & procedure
- Occupational Health, Safety welfare policy & procedure
- Appeals policy & procedure
- Recognition of Prior Learning Information
- Issuance of Qualifications/Statements of Attainment
- Code of Practice
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care is a fee free course for students eligible for Skills for All.
(see www.skills.sa.gov.au for eligibility criteria.)
Fee free courses applies to tuition only. There will be an incidental fee for specific tools and materials relating to this course.
Materials Fee (This includes text books and other related materials) -$300
Departments of Communities and Social Inclusion Clearance to work with children $55.00
For students not eligible for Skills for All funding, the cost of the course will be $4725. ($175 per unit)
Child Care Services Training does not offer any fee concessions or fee exemptions.
- A full refund will apply if a student withdraws before the course commences.
- A refund of 50% will apply if a student withdraws for personal reasons in the first three weeks of the course commencing or from the date of the first unit of competency is received. These reasons include sickness (verified by a medical certificate) or a change to their employment conditions (verified by employer).
- No refund will be given after three weeks of the course commencing or from the date of the first unit of competency is received. The date of withdrawal will be taken from the date that Child Care Services Training receives the Refund Application & any relevant supporting documentation.
- Please ring CCST for fees relating to individual qualifications
Support Services Delivery Policy
Child Care Services Training is committed to helping all students achieve their best possible outcomes. To underpin this Policy, Child Care Services Training will help students through a range of services that include:
Additional learning support (literacy/numeracy), Study skills and assignment preparation, Counselling (referral to appropriate agencies), Employment guidance/mentoring, Help with accessing high quality child care or Outside School Hours Care, Library services, Tea/coffee facilities.
If there is anything else you require or are seeking assistance with, please talk with Lisa or Melanie.
Health and Safety
Child Care Services Training is committed to meeting all requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety act in relation to our facilitators and students. All facilitators are responsible for providing a safe learning environment. Students also have a legal obligation to take care and protect their own wellbeing. If you have any concerns about your learning environment or your own safety; please contact your facilitator.
Lisa Tregenza: email@example.com Mobile: 0423 288 311
Melanie Cardillo: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 0421 160 299
Child Care Services Training
267 Salisbury Highway
Salisbury Downs SA 5108
Telephone: 08 8258 4170